Daily

on Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Pearl- My commuter
I go to a little produce shop about twice a week. Sometimes more. I like to think this store is my best kept secret, except I'm always posting on FB about them! I am able to get local produce, plus some foodie purchases for cheap. It's a true produce shop, produce doesn't last forever, so they mark down items to get them gone. Lots of times I make my dinner menu around what they are getting ready to throw out.
underneath the apples & squash is a dozen farm eggs!

Today I walked past 10 ¢ potatoes, 25 ¢ cucumbers, & 50 ¢ mushrooms. I was there for butternut squash & apples!  I plan on roasting the squash tonight to go with baked chicken. I'm hoping to have some left to mix up with some quinoa.

I'm thankful that this little store is a few blocks from my office & not far from home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment