Weekend Ride

on Monday, September 16, 2013
I got up early Saturday morning to join a group ride to Tonganoxie & back. I checked the weather & it said 55 degrees! What!? It has been so long since those temps I wasn't sure how to proceed. What did I even wear to ride in the cold last year? I found some leggings & piled on the layers.

5 miles into the ride I warmed up & enjoyed the brisk, beautiful morning. The Kansas countryside was refreshing. I had anticipated that it would take almost 2 hours to get to my destination. Imagine my surprise when I made it in 1 hr & 20 minutes! Bam! Then I realized that the only other times I had road this route I was fully loaded. You can ride a lot faster without 45 lbs of gear! 
I abstained but man these looked good.

Total miles for the morning ride was 45. Not bad for a random Saturday! I struggle to ride long rides on Saturdays. Lance is working and I usually take that time to do household stuff. I was regretting signing up for the ride but I am so glad I went. It was peaceful and I need some peace. The Century Ride is next weekend and I am in charge of 10 SAGs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment